Curious which yoga poses are safe during pregnancy? Here are six yoga poses to avoid during pregnancy and some easy prenatal yoga modifications. It’s pretty obvious — yoga is my favorite type of exercise. It’s a total mind-body workout that leaves me feeling clear-headed, open-minded, and good all over. It’s also really great for pregnancy. Studies show that moms-to-be who participate in prenatal yoga have a lower incidence of prenatal disorders, low birth weight babies, and lower pain and stress. So I was really excited to continue my practice throughout my pregnancy. I didn’t want to move straight into traditional prenatal yoga classes, and I assumed that since yoga is so low-impact and modifiable for different levels of fitness, I wouldn’t need to change too much to keep up with my regular classes. When the class was doing ab exercises or anything belly-down, I would look around awkwardly then sit back into child’s pose. When everyone would twist...














